(you have found more info XD) FAQ:
What will happen if...
1) ...Two or more participants get the highest amount of votes?
Answer: In this case the winner will be decided by flipping a coin.
2) ...There are no, or only one, participants?
Answer: Then the submission period will be extended until the 10th of that month.
3) ...There are still not enough participants despite the extended submission period?
Answer: Then the Match for that month will be cancelled and the theme will be discarded.
4) ...A submissed adoptable does not meet the theme?
Answer: If you think that this is the case then you can message me (not the creator) about it. Then I will message the creator of that adoptable with the request to change it. If those changes are not made than that adoptable will not be allowed to participate in that Match. (The final decision whether an adoptable meets the theme or not will be made by me)
5)...I already have a species-series going on, can I use one of them in the Match?
Answer: As long as your adoptable follows the rules of the MMM then you may participate. In other words it is allowed when your participating adoptable is part of your own species-series.
6)...I missed the submission deadline?
Answer: You can still submit your adoptable but it won't participate in the voting.
7) ...I have more than one adoptable for the Match?
Answer: You will have to choose one adoptable that will be your official participant, this one will participate in the voting. However you can also submit the others (as long as they follow all the rules), these will not participate in the voting and receive the same treatment as participants that have missed the deadline.
8)...I need a little more time to finish my entry, can you change the deadline?
Answer: Should this be the case then send me a PM. Don't forget to mention how much longer you think you need. I can get you a few more days, don't worry. Just make sure that this doesn't happen every time, you have had a month to make your adoptable afterall.
Tips and Tricks:
For (possible) creators:
- There are a lot of programs you can draw with. Here is a helpful tutorial on how to draw with pixlr, and here is one for photoshop.
- Advertise your participating adoptable! Make it known that you are participating and gain votes by advertising: in your species thread, on your profile, etc... Be careful to not spam, or advertise in threads where it is not allowed (like this thread)
- You can copy the following code when advertising so that everyone knows where to look for more information:
<a href="http://maxicanvas.com/forums/topic/34/monthly-maxi-match">Click here to read more about the Monthly Maxi Match</a>
- In case you really do not want to participate as a creator, you can still do one of the most important things: Vote, because you choose the winner
- The other polls are also open for everyone and very important too.
- And I am sure there are some participants out there that would love to hear that you gave them your valuable vote ^^
Steps to Participating:
How to participate: A step by step guide
Step 1: Read the rules.
Step 2: Look at the theme for the next month. Not the one for this month because that match is already going on and the submission period may already be closed (if it is still open then you can also look at the one for this month)
Step 3: Be inspired!
Step 4: Start drawing your adoptable.
Step 5: Finish drawing your adoptable.
Step 6: Wait for the submission period (see schedule).
Step 7: Upload your adoptable during the submission period and put in the description of the adoptable that it is part of the Monthly Maxi Match.
Step 8: Send me (ChemicalLady) a message with as content 'Submission Monthly Maxi Match' OR 'Submission MMM' and your username, and a link of your adoptable.
Step 9: You will receive a confirmation if you are accepted as a participant.
Step 10: Now you have to wait for a bit, you can use this time to adopt and level some of your rivals submissions and to vote for your favourite.
Step 11: If you have won you will be notified.